Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:35:01 +1000
From:      "Robert" <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        "6bone" <6bone@ISI.EDU>, "ipv6users" <users@ipv6.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   A DNS question re 6to6/IPv6 host IN A records.

In the forward/reverse zones on a 6to4 setup, should I have

nanguo          IN A                203.1.96.5
nanguo-v6      IN AAAA         2002:cb01:6005:2::1

or

nanguo          IN A                203.1.96.5
nanguo          IN AAAA         2002:cb01:6005:2::1

When referring to the particular host ?

Either works - but which is ... errr... correct?

I notice that if I have the second option, the systems behave with IPv6
selected as the primary protocol, and fall back to IPv4. Which would seem to
be the ideal situation.

If I have the first option selected, IPv4 is the 'default' protocol, and the
IPv6 hosts only respong when actuall called by an IPv6 app, like ping6 for
example.

Thanks
Robert

---
Quantum Radio: World Music with a difference.
http://quantum-radio.net/
Now Playing: Jean Michael Jarre - Oxygene Part 1