Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 1997 17:57:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Richard Chang <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: uucp assistance needed

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Richard Chang wrote:

->	I am in need of help from someone more experienced with uucp.
->
->	I want the uucp machine to call up via uucico (which it currently
->can do, I just don't have a login & password to get me uucp access) to our
->machine earth.

Without a uucp login and password, there's nothing you can do. The machine
earth must have a user account that executes uucico as the login shell.

That's the easy part. After that you get the joy of setting up CNEWS.

-- Jay

->
->	It then needs to transfer news files to earth either directly to
->/usr/local/dnews/uucpin or to another directory where they can later be
->copied to /usr/local/dnews/uucpin.
->
->	It also needs to retrieve any news waiting to go out via uucp from
->/usr/local/dnews/uucpout.
->
->	That's pretty much it...like I said, the uucp machine is directly
->connected via null modem cable, so it gets to the login prompt, I just
->don't know how to set up earth.  Config files are in /etc/uucp, I briefly
->played with them, but I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.
->
->	Thanks a bunch!
->
->Richard