Date:      Fri, 9 Sep 2016 07:22:11 +0800
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        Jim Heald <jhdoubleoseven@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 11.0 8026 Support

On Thursday, 8 September 2016, Jim Heald <jhdoubleoseven@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have FreeBSD 11.0-RC2 installed and my wifi doesn't work. However, I
> noticed this commit <https://secure.freshbsd.org/commit/freebsd/r303322>;
> and
> also that FreeBSD 11.0 should be released pretty soon (like in the next few
> weeks). Therefore, I'm curious first off if the Intel 8026 chipset will be
> supported in 11.0 and if not how (if possible) I can compile and install
> the updated driver to get wifi working.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jim

Do you mean the Intel 8260 chipset (rather than 8026)?

My understanding is that yes, it is supported by FreeBSD 11. However, the
driver is young; and not without problems. In saying that, you should be
able to use you wifi!

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=iwm&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+11.0-RELEASE&arch=default&format=html

Regards,
Ben