Date:      Sun, 5 Apr 1998 23:59:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        David Kulp <dkulp@neomorphic.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Multimedia <multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Has anyone got the Linux RealPlayer 5.0 working?

Hi Gang:

Thanks for setting me straight on the availability of realplayer 5.0 for
Linux (ELF). Whenever I tried to download previously, I was downloading
a.out version and hence getting the 3.0 version...

Anyways, some of you were  having audio problems..   I am running
3.0-980311-SNAP, with /sys/i386/isa/snd as distributed.

I have a OPTI931 card.. Audio sounds ok, however I sometimes get:

Apr  5 23:45:13 shf /.kernel: irq reset failed, mc11 0x04, masked 0x04

Also, the colour pallete is off. I suspect Realvideo tries to do 8 bit
video but I am running 16 bit, or something similar.

Bernie