Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2000 19:44:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>
To:        "Michael L. Imamura" <gte255n@prism.gatech.edu>
Cc:        Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dc0: TX underrun -- resetting

On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Michael L. Imamura wrote:

>I've had this occur also; usually I get the message twice at startup, then
>at seemingly random times while online.  So far, my connection has only
>been dropped once -- I got a flurry of "dc0: TX underrun --
>resetting" messages, then my connection died.  I was able to bring it back
>up with "ifconfig dc0 up", but it was a little unsettling.  I'm using
>4.0-RC2 with the following chipset:

I get the same messages on my dc1 on my "lan" - just a win98 box
connected to the freebsd box.

dc0 is connected to the internet with a DSL modem and I've yet to see
this on dc0. I swapped interfaces also, but it only seems to happen
on the local network.

My local network also goes down, it could be five minutes or two hours
and I have to do an ifconfig dc1 down/up to make it right again.

As a workaround, I found that running tcpdump on the dc1 interface
keeps things alive, so far indefinitely.

-Bryan