Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:12:34 +0100
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   problems with gs-gpl transition

Hi,

I got a little sparse time and working on gs-gpl transition.

Seems that, as someone pointed, making the cups device in gs will make
this lib depends on cups-base, so I'm working on the actual
configuration (pstoraster with espgs).

Also, seems that espgs doesn't have the latest sources, that come with
cups distro (under pstoraster). I'm switching to that version of the
sources, which may require a portepoch bump.

With this source come two patches against gs (7x, 8x) that seems to
solve some gs-init lack of support. If this is take, must be do from the
main gs ports.  This doesn't seems very related to pstoraster, but
general fixes.

To finish the port, I need some form to get ${GS_VERSION} from
${GHOSTSCRIPT_PORT} (via make -V exec) and be able to do:
BUILD_DEPENDS=  ${NONEXISTENT}:${PORTSDIR}/${GHOSTSCRIPT_PORT}:patch
WRKSRC=      ${WRKDIR}/ghostscript-${GS_VERSION}

any clues on this?

thanks in advance,
--
  josemi