Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:45:24 +0800 (PHT)
From:      Francis Vidal <francis@cody.usls.edu>
To:        "Randy B. Lymn" <rblim@aht.com>
Cc:        jyplee@plaza.snu.ac.kr, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem on Telnet Login..

On Tue, 26 Aug 1997, Randy B. Lymn wrote:

> > I'v manage the homepage of ksam(korean society agricultural machinery)
> >
> > When I want to edit the homepage, I can't login as root through telnet..

you can 'chown' all the pages you edit to your account and to the group
that's allowed to edit the pages (if you have root access). that way, you
don't have to 'su' to root or gain root access to the system. you don't
really need root access to edit an HTML file, do you?

> You should login as user, then su to root instead.

---
FRANCIS VIDAL, System Administrator, USLSnet, University of St. La Salle
La Salle Avenue, Bacolod City, 6100 Philippines   [tel] (+6334) 435-2324
[url] http://www.usls.edu | mailto:francis@cody.usls.edu | FreeBSD Acct.