Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 1996 16:02:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel rebuild errors

I just attempted to rebuild my kernel using the instructions posted at:

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook22.html#41   et. al.

after doing the custom configuration file, MYKERNEL, the instructions say
to:

# /usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL
# cd ../../compile/MYKERNEL
# make depend
# make
# make install

On the "# make" part of the process, the make was stopped after 4 or 5
minutes with countless errors. My theory is one of three, in order of
likelyhood:

1) the instructions are for another version, not 2.0.5 (Walnut Creek CD).
2) I configured the MYKERNEL file incorrectly
3) I made a typo in the MYKERNEL file

I'm sure that the exact error messages would be helpful in
troubleshooting, but I have no idea where they might be logged, or how I
might redirect them to a file. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Ken Marsh