Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2016 07:55:34 -0700
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org, Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw@zxy.spb.ru>
Subject:   Re: unbound and ntp issuse

I'm playing catchup on my INBOX, so apologies in advance, if this has
already been satisfactorily answered...
On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 16:50:18 +0300 Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw@zxy.spb.ru> wrote

> On Mon, Jun 06, 2016 at 09:33:02AM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>
> > Slawa Olhovchenkov <slw@zxy.spb.ru> writes:

> > > I don't know reasson for enforcing DNSSEC in regular install.
> > > I am just select 'local_unbound' at setup time and enter '127.0.0.1' as
> > > nameserver address.
> >
> > That's not enough to configure unbound as a fully recursive DNS
> > server.
>
> What I am missing?
> Need to fix unbound setup scripts? bsdinstall scripts?
> As I see unbound setup scripts detects 127.0.0.1 in resolv.conf and
> configured unbound as fully recursive DNS server.
May I suggest ntpdate(8)?
Find a reliable time server in your region, and once found add it
*early* in your rc.conf(5). Well, ahead of your unbound stanza. ie;

hostname="..."
ifconfig_re0="inet ... netmask ..."
defaultrouter="..."
ntpdate_enable="YES"
ntpdate_hosts="a reliable regional time server"

..

unbound_enable="YES"
..

ALSO. Since you're upstream will, in all likelihood have informed
you of a preferred set of 2 name servers. Place one of them in your
hosts(5) file. This will help ensure that ntpdate(8) can reliably
discover your regional time server.

That should get you where you want to go. :-)

--Chris