Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 2015 18:53:59 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Will Parsons <varro@nodomain.invalid>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   font problem after updating

After updating my X fonts (via portsnap/portmaster) yesterday, I
discover that aterm is started with an uncomfortably small font size.
I've using ~/.Xresources to specifiy the font:

  aterm*font: 10x20

but this does not seem to work now.  Trying from the command line:

% aterm -fn 10x20
aterm: can't load font "10x20"

% aterm -fn 9x15
aterm: can't load font "9x15"

Checking UPDATING, I see the following note that may possibly be
relevant:

20150321:
  AFFECTS: Users of x11-servers/xorg-server and other X servers
  AUTHOR: bapt@FreeBSD.org

  All fonts ports have been modified to respect XDG and install in
  share/fonts

  The Xorg servers now are looking there by default, and have been
  modified to also look into etc/X11/fontpath.d (see Xserver(1) for more
  details) adding a symlink in that directory pointing to a font directory
  will automatically add the later into Xorg FontPath

Is this telling me I have to do something, and if so, what?  Am I
supposed to be adding a symlink where pointing to what?  And does this
have anything to do with my problem anyway?

--
Will