Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 2010 13:31:38 +0100
From:      Gerrit =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FChn?= <gerrit@pmp.uni-hannover.de>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>, Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: em0 freezes on ZFS server

On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 04:03:39 -0800 Jeremy Chadwick
<freebsd@jdc.parodius.com> wrote about Re: em0 freezes on ZFS server:

JC> Note how close the "current" value is to that of "total".  I'm not too
JC> surprised you're seeing what you are as a result of this.  What on
JC> earth is this machine doing at all times?

Well, speaking for my machine: serving some nfs dirs from zfs, do some
file transfers via rsync/scp, server some web pages (gitweb, redmine).
Really nothing spectacular. I just updated from 7.2 to 8-stable yesterday
and did not have that problem before. From my last email to now (about 15
minutes) mbuf clusters have increased from 15k to 18k. All my other
machines (even another one with 8-stable, but without nfs-services and
without em nics) have only a few k of buffers in use.
Is there any way I could find out what is actually using these buffers?

cu
  Gerrit