Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 18:56:32 -0400
From:      Marc Tardif <intmktg@cam.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   semop syscall trouble

Hi,
I'm trying to use the semop(), but the program stalls right at that
system call. I'm using 2.2.5 with SYSVSHM, SYSVSEM, SYSVMSG compiled in
the kernel. Following is part of my code as well as the last couple
lines from ktrace:

dbms.c
static void semcall(sid, op)
    int sid;
    int op;
{
    struct sembuf sb;
    sb.sem_num = 0;
    sb.sem_op = op;
    sb.sem_flg = 0;
    if (semop(sid, &sb, 1) == -1)
         syserr("semop");
}

ktrace.out
   232 dbms     CALL  semsys(0x2,0x10001,0xefbfdc24,0x1,0)
   232 dbms     PSIG  SIGINT SIG_DFL

SIGINT SIG_DFL is obviously where I Ctrl-C to leave the stalled program.

Thanks in advance,
Marc