Date:      Tue, 5 Jul 2011 22:50:08 GMT
From:      Brendon Meyer <bmeyer@mesoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/156781: [zfs] zfs is losing the snapshot directory,

The following reply was made to PR kern/156781; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brendon Meyer <bmeyer@mesoft.com.au>
To: Nathan Bowyer <nbowyer@gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 08:23:32 +1000

 On 05/07/2011, at 11:56 PM, Nathan Bowyer wrote:

 > I have had this occur on amd64 with 8.2-RELEASE.  I also came to the =
 conclusion that it takes a reboot to fix the issue.
 > Is there any activity on this bug?

 Not sure to be honest.  I'm going actually in the process of building a =
 new testing environment for a updated mail server and will probably be =
 able to give a more definitive answer a bit later (the build will be =
 done later this week and then I'll be letting my test scrips run mad on =
 it for a week or so). =20

 The fact that you have had the same problems with AMD means that the =
 problem isn't SPARC specific.  I am guessing that it is probably a =
 commit that was made between to the zfs or solaris code between Mon Feb =
 28 16:07:24 EST 2011 and Sun Apr 24 21:28:12 EST 2011 (those are two =
 systems I have that are very similarly configured but the earlier one =
 doesn't have the problem whereas the later one does). =20

 /BGM=