Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:58:05 -0000
From:      "Graeme Dargie" <arab@tangerine-army.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Motherboard support

Hello,

=20

I have built a machine with a Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2, running Freebsd
7.1. For the most part it is fine but I do have two problems

=20

1)       The NIC a realtek 8111C keeps giving watchdog timeout messages
and the link state changes from up to down and back to up again.

=20

2)       The two hard disks that are attached to the sata raid
controller are not seen by Freebsd, the raid card is set to native ide
as I want to use ZFS rather than the onboard raid system and all the
drives are present at post. I understand this motherboard uses a AMD740
chipset and has 740 northbridge and a SB700 southbridge.

=20

Any ideas tips pointers would be most welcome

=20

Regards

=20

Graeme=20