Date:      Mon, 23 May 2005 14:54:56 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@FreeBSD.org>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux ioct not implemented

Hi!

I'm trying to run an e-meeting program called Marratech (marratech.com) on
FreeBSD. I've downloaded the linux version. It is java program that uses a
bunch of JNI libs (i.e. C/C++ code). Hence, I need the linuxulator, of
course. As usual there is a JRE in the distribution, but for some reason it
was not installed with the rest, so I started out by trying the
java/linux-jdk15 port instead.

It stops halfway through startup with this message:

kernel: linux: pid 99081 (java): ioctl fd=11, cmd=0x8933 ('',51) is not
implemented

This is on a fresh RELENG_5. Is there any hope in getting this software
working on FreeBSD? Thoughs? It needs linux ALSA for audio... Maybe it is
to much effort?

Regards,
Palle