Date:      Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:25:54 -0500
From:      primerib@fateswarning.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCCARD on FreeBSD3.2 woes

Well, I'm still trying to get my Micron laptop to see my 3com 3c562d/3c563d
card.  I re-installed using the PAO dist.  Also added the following to my
rc.conf:

pccard_enable="YES"
pccard_mem="DEFAULT"
pccard_ifconfig=""

the dev files exist (/dev/card[0-3]).

out of curiosity, I manually ran ppcardd and got this in return:

bash-2.03# pccardd
pccardd: kernel version older than expected; we don't take kernel's advice
syscall(machdep.checkio): No such file or directory

???

searching through the archives, I seen mention of config-ing the kernel for
pccard support; how is this achieved?

any pointers would be *sigh* greatly appreciated.
# Daryl