Date:      Tue, 08 May 2007 19:17:45 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dual monitors?

--==========A36945E7134A795CB1DD==========

--On May 8, 2007 6:15:52 PM -0500 Jonathan Horne <freebsd@dfwlp.com> =
wrote:

> anyone out there running dual monitors in FreeBSD?

Of course.

>  if so, what is your setup?   single display adapter/2 heads, or 2=20
seperate adapters?

Single adaptor, two heads.

> i have a nvidia 7300 GS with 2 heads, and im thinking about picking up
> another  monitor like im currently runing, before the *blip* off the
> market, but im  hoping that it wont be a problem to set up xorg for 2
> monitors, with just a  single adapter.
>
> any success stories out there?

I'm using ATI Radeon X300, but the setup was quite simple.  One monitor=20
section.  One device section.  One screen section.

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "X.org Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"