Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:36:20 +0200
From:      Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
To:        freebsd-alpha <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   xdm and kdm core dump

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a graphical login on my PWS 500a. I've tried xdm,
kdm/kde2 (both core dump if called from ttys AND command line). Gdm
seems to work. Gdm2 only works if started from command line, acts very
strange when started from ttys. Am I missing something? I Always thought
that usually xdm is the one with the highest chance to work. Are the
others I could try? But actually I really would like to have kdm
working. I can't remember to have these problems when setting up X on a
x86 machine, so I guess this is Alpha-specific?

Regards,

Jan