Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:36:28 -0400
From:      Gabriel Rocha <gabe@seul.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Administrivia: Discussion - Making this list subscriber-only

		On Tue, Aug 27, at 11:49AM, Mark Murray wrote:
| Comments? Suggestions? (Keep it brief and focussed, folks!)

I am very much in favor of this idea. Lots of people have spoken up
about the reasons not to do this and thus far I have not seen a single
reason that goes beyond the "damn you're lazy" or "that is petty" line.
If people want to post it a discussion list, they can well be part of
the discussion otherwise, in my mind, it is a safe (even if not
catch-all) assumption that they're going to waste our time in here.
Single questions have no place in here unless they are in the context of
a discussion already in place. People with too many email address need
to stop being lazy and organize and not expect the world to bow down
before them because they have failed to do so. People who are forwarded
emails form this list, assuming them to find such email valuable, can
well subscribe and get more valuable emails. Do we shut out a good
number of people with this policy? Probably. Should we care? No. This is
a discussion list and those who are not interested in being part of the
discussion don't have to subscribe. My two cents worth. --Gabe