Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:40:46 +0900
From:      "R. Lahaye" <lahaye@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Which TV card works with release 4.3 ?

Hi,

I want to use my computer monitor for watching TV.
I'm on the brink of buying a TV card.

A few important general questions to that:

1) which OS supports which card?
   Win95/98/NT usually supports everything :(.

   However, do I have a choice?
   I don't want to tweek  a lot with patching/adding
   gadgets myself to the kernel and that sort of stuff
   (e.g. Linux needs lots of tweeking). How about FreeBSD?

2) Then at last: what card should I buy?
   Or what shipset should be on the card?
   If FreeBSD or Linux is not supporting yet, which ones
   are likely going to be supported in the fairly near future?

My collegues tell me to abandon Unix/BSD/Linux on my PC when
wanting to use a TV card. I hope you will tell me otherwise.

Thanks a lot!
Rob.

PS: please include my personal email in your reply.