Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:03:11 +0900
From:      Nathan Butcher <n-butcher@fusiongol.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Encrypted zfs?

Yep, using GELI the providers is much better.

I decided to go one step further and run GLABEL on my drives so my ZFS
pool will be immune from device enumeration issues (assuming I move the
drives between systems, SATA raid cards, etc.)

The only thing that sucks is that once I have attached all GELI
providers, I have to manually kickstart zfs and mount the pool with the
following commands:-

# kldload zfs
# zfs volinit
# zfs mount -a

  pool: z
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: resilver completed with 0 errors on Wed Aug 29 12:23:52 2007
config:

	NAME             STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
	z                ONLINE       0     0     0
	  raidz1         ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/0.eli  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/1.eli  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/2.eli  ONLINE       0     0     0
	    label/3.eli  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

One thing I also tried was replacing a drive with a much larger one
using zpool replace. ZFS didn't notice the larger disk capacity of the
new drive and subsequently didn't increase the pool size. What is the
logic behind that?