Date:      Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:06:35 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
Cc:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>, advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ottawa: Open Source Weekend

Christian Brueffer wrote:

> Well, I'm afraid I can't help you as I live in germany, but this shows
> a general problem we have here.
>
> I helped organizing three BSD booths this year, NetBSD and OpenBSD
> were always present with several people (besides the Linux-Kongress
> booth, but that one doesn't matter).
> Some days ago I came back from the 19c3 in Berlin, Germany.  OpenBSD
> and NetBSD both had pretty big booths there with lots of stuff to
> show and sell.
> I was the only FreeBSD guy over there (unfortunately I didn't have
> time to prepare something), while there were several OpenBSD and
> NetBSD people, among them some developers.
>
> This is kind of funny, since FreeBSD had the biggest marketshare
> among the BSD projects.
>
> I don't really know how to motivate people to help at booths or
> set up their own ones, but it is a great way of helping the project
> without being a great coder or something.

This is a big problem.. I'm in Texas, and won't be able to fly out
there.. Maybe we need a list of volunteers for this sort of thing, and
their locations (generally).  That way, when one of us is setting up a
booth, or for any other reason, we can call on those near us..

What does everyone think about that?

Eric