Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 21:06:23 -0400
From:      "Robert S. Wojciechowski Jr." <robertw@wojo.com>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: MAKEDEV 4.4-STABLE still offering problems

I had the same exact problem on two identical machines (PIII 733 MHz, =
with
CPUTYPE=3Dp3, running on a 3Ware RAID-1 array).  I removed it, built =
world and
now everything seems fine.

Something I can no longer confirm:  it seemed that when I ran 'sh =
MAKEDEV
all' that it would corrupt my / partition.

For instance, I would fsck /, and everything was fine.  I ran MAKEDEV, =
it
would error out, and then fsck / would show problems on that partition.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

---
Robert S. Wojciechowski Jr.
robertw@wojo.com