Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 1999 00:10:24 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        Chikuang Chen <b83015@ee.ntu.edu.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI adapter

On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 07:57:48PM +0800, Chikuang Chen wrote:
> dear sir,
>
> Will freebsd programming group provide
> BusLogic FlashPoint LT (BT-930) PCI SCSI controller driver some day?
>
> I really want to install freebsd on my computer, but I have waited
>  2 or 3 years, but it still doesn't support my SCSI card.....

you would do better by getting a real scsi host adapter. back when
buslogic forst released these ms windows scsi host adapters, teh
processor is a ms windows dll file. buslogic gave all teh people who
purchased a flashpoint lt and flashpoint dt for use with linux (and
one freebsd user, me) a rebate to up grade to a bt-946, but i up
graded to a bt-958 and it has worked very well as a pci scsi uw
host adapter.

the freebsd driver sees teh bt-958 as a generic bt-946, this is the
card the driver was written for and is a good card as well.

buslogic is not going to release teh information required to build a
driver for teh dt lt series cards .. so they said two years ago. so
far not even teh energetic linux crowd has produced a driver by
reverese enginering an lt . as far as i know.

sorry to bring such bad news .. cheap is getting to be a dangerious
way to buy hard ware, especially if it has microsoft device on teh
front covor.

regards

jonathan