Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:30:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/40129: New port: editors/docbook-mode.el

The following reply was made to PR ports/40129; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To: Yoichi NAKAYAMA <yoichi@eken.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:26:54 -0700

 --jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

 > > Hrm... not sure what I was thinking when I did this Makefile.  :-/
 > > Updated Makefile attached.  Thank you.
 >
 > Calm yourself, please. EMACSLISPDIR is not defined in your new Makefile.
 > EMACS_SITE_LISPDIR is not defined also (as far as EMACS_PORT_NAME is not
 > set). I recommend you to test carefully before posting.

 Sorry, I dashed that off too quickly.  When I did the quick make
 install/deinstall, it worked, but that's because I had those files
 already lying around.  Anyway, this one's been sent through the ringer
 and should work as expected/intended.

 > > FWIW, I'm making the XEMACSLISPDIR in the event that the user doesn't
 > > have xemacs installed.  -sc
 >
 > Same is true for emacs. "${MKDIR} ${EMACS_LISPDIR}" is needed in
 > do-install stage, or define EMACS_PORT_NAME so that the port depends
 > on some Emacsen.
 >
 > BTW,
 > * I feel that "docbookide.el" seems better name for this port.
 >   How do you think this?

 Agreed.  I changed it to -mode.el to signify that it was a major mode,
 but .el does this.  Updated name included in updated shar.

 > * It might better make subdirectory (site-lisp/docbookide) under
 > site-lisp and do not mess up just under site-lisp directory.  (This
 > will force old emacsen users to add load-path by hands.  FYI, GNU
 > Emacs 20, 21 automatically add subdirectories to load-path
 > automatically.)

 Very cool, I didn't know that newer versions of emacs did that.

 Thank you and sorry about the flubs.  I did this testing at noon and
 not at 2am so things should work better.  :~)  -sc

 --
 Sean Chittenden

 --jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

 # This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
 # this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
 # create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
 # have default permissions.
 #
 # This archive contains:
 #
 #	editors/docbookide.el
 #	editors/docbookide.el/Makefile
 #	editors/docbookide.el/pkg-message
 #	editors/docbookide.el/distinfo
 #	editors/docbookide.el/pkg-plist
 #	editors/docbookide.el/pkg-comment
 #	editors/docbookide.el/pkg-descr
 #
 echo c - editors/docbookide.el
 mkdir -p editors/docbookide.el > /dev/null 2>&1
 echo x - editors/docbookide.el/Makefile
 sed 's/^X//' >editors/docbookide.el/Makefile << 'END-of-editors/docbookide.el/Makefile'
 X# New ports collection makefile for:	docbookide
 X# Date created:		2 July 2002
 X# Whom:			Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
 X#
 X# $FreeBSD$
 X#
 XPORTNAME=	docbookide.el
 XPORTVERSION=	0.1
 XCATEGORIES=	editors textproc elisp
 XMASTER_SITES=	http://nwalsh.com/emacs/docbookide/
 XDISTNAME=	docbookide01
 XMAINTAINER=	sean@chittenden.org
 XUSE_ZIP=	yes
 XWRKSRC=		${WRKDIR}/docbookide
 XNO_BUILD=	yes
 XELISP_FILES=	dbide-abbrev.el dbide-data.el dbide-font.el \
 X		dbide-process.el docbookide.el make-regexp.el
 XEMACS_LISPDIR=	${LOCALBASE}/share/emacs/site-lisp/docbookide
 XXEMACSLISPDIR=	${LOCALBASE}/lib/xemacs/site-lisp/docbookide
 Xdo-install:
 X	${MKDIR} ${EMACS_LISPDIR}
 X	${MKDIR} ${XEMACSLISPDIR}
 X.for f in ${ELISP_FILES}
 X	${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/${f} ${EMACS_LISPDIR}/
 X	${LN} -sf ${EMACSLISPDIR}/${f} ${XEMACSLISPDIR}/
 X.endfor
 X	@${CAT} ${PKGMESSAGE}
 X.include <bsd.port.mk>
 END-of-editors/docbookide.el/Makefile
 echo x - editors/docbookide.el/pkg-message
 sed 's/^X//' >editors/docbookide.el/pkg-message << 'END-of-editors/docbookide.el/pkg-message'
 X===
 XTo use docbook-mode, add the following lines to your ~/.emacs:
 X;; DocBook IDE mode
 X(autoload 'docbook-mode "docbookide" "Major mode for DocBook documents." t)
 X;; Turn on font lock when in DocBook mode
 X(add-hook 'docbook-mode-hook
 X	  'turn-on-font-lock)
 X;; You might want to make this the default for .sgml or .xml documents,
 X;; or you might want to rely on -*- DocBook -*- on the first line,
 X;; or perhaps buffer variables. It's up to you...
 X(setq auto-mode-alist
 X      (append
 X       (list
 X	'("\\.sgm" . docbook-mode))
 X	'("\\.sgml" . docbook-mode))
 X	'("\\.xml" . docbook-mode))
 X       auto-mode-alist))
 X===
 END-of-editors/docbookide.el/pkg-message
 echo x - editors/docbookide.el/distinfo
 sed 's/^X//' >editors/docbookide.el/distinfo << 'END-of-editors/docbookide.el/distinfo'
 XMD5 (docbookide01.zip) = d436dabbf53c35c22545aabf69eca7fd
 END-of-editors/docbookide.el/distinfo
 echo x - editors/docbookide.el/pkg-plist
 sed 's/^X//' >editors/docbookide.el/pkg-plist << 'END-of-editors/docbookide.el/pkg-plist'
 Xshare/emacs/site-lisp/docbookide/dbide-abbrev.el
 Xshare/emacs/site-lisp/docbookide/dbide-data.el
 Xshare/emacs/site-lisp/docbookide/dbide-font.el
 Xshare/emacs/site-lisp/docbookide/dbide-process.el
 Xshare/emacs/site-lisp/docbookide/docbookide.el
 Xshare/emacs/site-lisp/docbookide/make-regexp.el
 Xlib/xemacs/site-lisp/docbookide/dbide-abbrev.el
 Xlib/xemacs/site-lisp/docbookide/dbide-data.el
 Xlib/xemacs/site-lisp/docbookide/dbide-font.el
 Xlib/xemacs/site-lisp/docbookide/dbide-process.el
 Xlib/xemacs/site-lisp/docbookide/docbookide.el
 Xlib/xemacs/site-lisp/docbookide/make-regexp.el
 X@dirrm share/emacs/site-lisp/docbookide
 X@dirrm lib/xemacs/site-lisp/docbookide
 END-of-editors/docbookide.el/pkg-plist
 echo x - editors/docbookide.el/pkg-comment
 sed 's/^X//' >editors/docbookide.el/pkg-comment << 'END-of-editors/docbookide.el/pkg-comment'
 XEmacs lisp modules for editing DocBook documents
 END-of-editors/docbookide.el/pkg-comment
 echo x - editors/docbookide.el/pkg-descr
 sed 's/^X//' >editors/docbookide.el/pkg-descr << 'END-of-editors/docbookide.el/pkg-descr'
 Xdocbook-mode.el (aka: DocBook IDE) is an emacs major mode for editing
 XDocBook documents.  DocBook IDE features:
 X*) Font lock highlighting for DocBook elements and attributes
 X*) 'docbook-complete' function for inserting elements and attribute
 X   names
 X*) 'docbook-insert-tag' function for inserting matching start- and
 X   end-tags
 X*) Automatic insertion of element context (e.g. firstname and surname
 X   in author)
 X*) Automatic completion of end-tags
 X*) Comprehensive abbreviations table for further ease of typing
 XWWW:	http://nwalsh.com/emacs/docbookide/
 END-of-editors/docbookide.el/pkg-descr
 exit

 --jI8keyz6grp/JLjh--