Date:      Tue, 1 Dec 1998 12:04:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   hauppauge wintv question

Hi folks,

	I've put the "device bktr" line in my kernel config and installed
a new kernel, yet I see no evidence that the device is being probed for.
I am not getting any messages that mention bktr at boot time, even if I
boot with -v.  If I go in to the visual boot config utility, it does list
bktr0, so the driver appears to be there.  I checked all the PCI devices
using 'pciconf -a' and there are two unattached pci devices.  Is this the
wintv?

	This board has a bt878 on it (model 00401), but I believe this is
supported.  FYI, I'm running 2.2-STABLE from a few days ago.

	Can anyone give me a pointer as to what to try?

thanks,
	Adrian
--
[ adrian@ubergeeks.com -- Ubergeeks Consulting -- http://www.ubergeeks.com/ ]