Date:      Tue, 06 Jan 1998 07:55:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Norman C Rice <nrice@emu.sourcee.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba and APSFilter

On 06-Jan-98 Norman C Rice wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 05, 1998 at 12:02:39PM -0500, Patrick Gardella wrote:
>> Greetings all!
>>
>> I've installed samba 1.9.17p5 onto my FreeBSD 2.2.1 machine.  I am printing
>> a Lexmark Optra S 1650 printer (a Postcript Level 2 printer) on a Win95
>> machine.  I'd like to use apsfilter to print to it, for everything except
>> Postscript.
>
>Apsfilter will detect a postscript document and pass it directly to a
>postscript printer.

I didn't explain clearly enough.  (My fault!)  The printer is attached to a
Win95 machine.  I want to use samba and apsfilter on FreeBSD to print to that
printer.

I am printing to it now as postscript only (using a print filter I wrote), but
I'd like to use apsfilter to translate documents for me into postscript.

I'd love to be able to move the printer to the FreeBSD box.  That would make it
so much simpler, but the client wants the new printer on his desk, not in the
backroom.

Patrick