Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:58:26 +0900
From:      Hiroharu Tamaru <tamaru@myn.rcast.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh-based vpn and routing question.

Before you set your route to TheServer through the remote
address of your ppp-link, you can use ipfw fwd rule to
selectively route ssh traffic through its original gateway:

ipfw add ${num} fwd ${gateway} to ${TheServer} 22

But if it's for your own use to access TheServer from your
laptop securely as you imply in your mail, I see no reason
not to access TheServer with its ppp-link address.  To me it
seems more explicit and it will also prevent you from
accidentaly accessing TheServer insecurely.  You can even
give it a name (preferably a diffrent name to distinguish it
from the one using insecure route) in /etc/hosts if you
want...

YMMV, of course.