Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 18:13:28 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, "Crespo, Ramon" <IMCEAEX-_O=STIS_OU=STIS_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=RCRESPO@STIS.com>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XF86 4.x on FreeBSD/Alpha

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 08:39:43AM +1000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2001-Jun-19 00:12:55 +0200, Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >Problem is that TGA cards are not yet supported as console devices
> >so you will be driving blind (I guess) while X has not yet [been] started.
>
> A TGA console driver for FreeBSD is currently awaiting someone with
> commit privs to commit it.  Two people offered - the first withdrew
> his offer due to changed circumstances and the second appears to have
> lost interest.

No, he is waiting until -current Alpha is solid enough so that if I have
a panic I know if it is the driver, ufs, or VM code.
Unfortetnly your driver has become ready to commit at a bad time for the
-current Alpha.

Please no one commit this driver.  I *am* still working on it.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)