Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:56:42 +0800
From:      "Gil Agno Virtucio" <gihl@nesic.com.ph>
To:        ajaxmunroe@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD,Linux and any other os besides Microsoft.

Did you download the ISO to make the installer?
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/

i'd suggest that you browse this first before you try the
installation...
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

with regards to the partitioning of the hard disk if you
are kinda lazy to define the partitions just use the
option that will make the fdisk set the auto-defaults but
this is sometimes not a recommended option though.

hope this helps... :)