Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 22:03:57 -0700
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Charles Henrich a Star?

Brett, I think we all liked it better after you said this:

>After pondering, silently, what to do about the attitudes I've seen
>expressed on this list, I've decided that I'd best save my time,
>bandwidth, and effort by resigning from it.

Unfortunately, that only lasted about two weeks, and now you're back.
And guess what? A nasty argument, that you somehow seem to be involved
in, has sprung up under the subject header of a very positive FreeBSD
event. Now, of course we have nasty arguments without you, but somehow
the participants in those arguments seem to be logical and rational, or
at least know when to stop arguing. Let me give you some unsolicited
advice: if you don't like the way FreeBSD advocacy is done, if you don't
like someone's methodology or philosophy, _do_ _something_ _yourself_.
If people don't agree with you, you will not get support. If they do
agree, you will get support. And if people _consistently_ fail to
support your actions, maybe you had better reevaluate your desire to
participate in the project, rather than finding a superior one (or at
least one which matches your goals better). Any way you look at it,
though, constant whining about people who have done more good for the
project than you likely will ever do will _not_ get you very far, and
will likely turn people _away_ from supporting your ideas, whether they
agree or disagree with them. HTH.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                    The best way to accelerate Windows
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com             is at 9.8 m/s^2.