Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 1995 10:47:42 -0500
From:      Charlie Root <root@txcc.net>
To:        jkh@cdrom.com
Subject:   Ifconfig Alias

I would like to get in touch with someone who is developing freebsd..

when i do an ifconfig  alias it works up to 3 then locks up routing. I went over the archives and found that the people having troubles were running FreeBSD and the people saying it was easy just do a

ifconfig ep0 205.218.183.160 netmask 0xffffffff alias

were all running BSDI..

Now i will admit that the problem could be on my end. A mis-config. or a bad setup.. but in any case the problem is there and i can find no one to help..

I am asking niceley please help.....

cl@txcc.net
root@txcc.net

817-595-1626    Todd