Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 22:02:24 -0600
From:      "otter" <otter@starnetinc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Need help bad

Hi,
	OK, I'll admit it I'm just starting out in UNIX.  My problem is this: I
have FreeBSD setup right and everything appears OK.  I cannot start X
Windows.  Yes I installed it using the setup when I put BSD on.  I go into
the /usr/X11R6/bin directory and type in startx and basically all of the
other executables.  Nothing happens except I get a file not found error.  I
believe I am using the bash shell, and nothing seems to work.  Even with
SuperUser power I can't reboot or shutdown with the /sbin/shutdown series
of commands.  I am using a Matrox Millennium and have installed it to a JAZ
drive.  I am using FreeBSD 2.1.7.  Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance
Mike Edwards
otter@starnetinc.com