Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 1996 04:58:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Kirchner <dpk@eskimo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reveal 4x ATAPI CD-ROM / Promise EIDE 2300+

	Yes, it's me again.

	Now my problem is that my Reveal CD-ROM will not work with
FreeBSD. It is on my primary controller as a slave while my Western
Digital hard drive is set to master.

	I am using the ATAPI kernel from the CD-ROM, anyone know of any
problems with it? Btw, IRQ 14 and 170-7 are the values for my CD-ROM I
believe.

	Also, I tried copying the files onto a DOS partition but now I
get one of three things. 1) gunzip dumps core while reading bin.?? files
(not any specific file, different every time), 2) cpio cores for the
same files, and 3) I get invalid CRC header errors and once I get one of
those, the installation will not continue, even if I restart it.

	Here's hoping..

-- David Kirchner
-- dpk@eskimo.com
-- http://www.eskimo.com/~dpk/