Date:      Fri, 5 May 1995 08:32:27 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: CAN WE GET BACK TO TECHNICAL ISSUES!

Just a single followup still to -hackers, it's important for here:

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I also recommend a new and somewhat draconian policy of NOT ANSWERING
> misplaced questions, inappropriately cross-posted articles or obviously
> inappropriate material posted to -hackers.  If this were done religiously,
> it would cut down on traffic significantly.

It would also require people to voluntarily correct the To and Cc
headers in postings where it's obvious that they are misplaced (or
where the subject moved off the topic).  I've seen enough threads that
have been kept in two lists in parallel solely since people are TOO
LAZY to correct the headers, simply hit the g)roup reply key over and
over again, thereby growing the To/Cc fields drastically.

Guys, you mostly use X11, remember the mouse buttons 1 and 2 for cutting
and pasting...

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/