Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:02:31 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Steve Franks <bahamasfranks@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: since when did alt-shift-tab quit working?

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010, Steve Franks wrote:

> I thought it was the kludged state of my desktop, but the 8-release
> server I just brought up fresh yesterday is doing it too: alt-tab
> works, alt-shift-tab does not.

What, exactly, do you mean by "does not work"?  It "works" here by
moving backward through the list of open windows, instead of forward as
with alt-tab.  Or are you talking about a console?

> For those of us who are not into gnome/kde/cutesy menus & panels, this
> is a major PITA.  No doubt it came in from linux-land with the latest
> xorg revision, and I'm going to have to add another esoteric knob to
> my xorg.conf...

Or maybe change settings in your (unspecified) window manager.  It's
really hard to tell without any detail about the problem or the
environment.