Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:16:33 +0100
From:      Thomas Moestl <tmoestl@gmx.net>
To:        Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot failure - Ultra Enterprise 450 server

On Thu, 2002/03/28 at 10:51:42 +0100, Udo Erdelhoff wrote:
> Hi,
> I just tried to boot the sparc64-20020321.iso Image on one of our
> Enterprise 450 servers.  Unfortuantely, the boot failed.  I have
> included the console log of a "boot -sv", the attachment contains
> the console message prior to that (read, full POST).
>
> [...]
>
> pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
> ebus0: revision 0x01
> panic: ebus_probe: no interrupt map found
> cpuid = 0; Debugger("panic")

This should be fixed, but no new ISO including the fix has been rolled
yet. Booting one of the latest kernels available at
http://people.FreeBSD.org/~jake/sparc64/ should work. However, you
will need to set up network booting in this case if you want to try
them (it should be possible to mount the CD-ROM as root for an
installation though).

Thanks for testing!

	- thomas

--