Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 19:48:18 -0800
From:      BSD baby <bsd@hitmedia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   do we have to wait for PHP 4.3 port?

Sorry: new to FreeBSD  (was an OpenBSD guy before this).

I'm impressed with how fast FreeBSD puts new releases into its ports tree.
Now that PHP 4.3 is out, I'm dying to use its new features, so I'm
wondering if anyone knows a guesstimate on how long it should take for
PHP 4.3 to be in the cvsup'd ports tree
(/usr/ports/www/mod_php4)

Or - can we just use the new tarball of the source, somehow with the existing
Makefile + port?