Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:49:10 -0700
From:      "Chris Ptacek" <ptacek@dashmail.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Comtrol muliport serial card issues...

We are trying to use the Comtrol RocketPort(PCI)
multiport serial card for one of our projects and
have run into a problem.  When we hook up the
system and run it we start getting CRC errors.
(I should note the CRC errors are part of our own
 protocol that we are using over the serial link)
When I simply use one of the built in serial ports
these problems disappear.  We have downloaded and
installed the latest drivers from Comtrols web
site.  Has anyone experienced anything similar, or
at least have an idea what is wrong?

  Thanks
     Chris