Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 96 03:42:09 EST
From:      jeff@stat.uconn.edu (Jeffrey M. Metcalf)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Tape storage.

>From jeff Thu Apr  4 03:40:22 1996
To: terry@lambert.org
Subject: Re: Tape storage media.

In reference to an earlier mail message,

I decided that since I have IDE drives and no SCSI controller, I  should
get a Colorado T1000 QIC-80 tape drive.  However, I am having problems
using it.  Right now I am running a generic kernel with ft0 at disk 2.
I assume that I must reconfigure the kernel and put it at disk 1 since
all I have is a 3.5in at fd0 and no 5.25.  Is this correct?  Also, the
documentation for ft mentions that

'Formatting and verifying are unsupported at this time you must rely on
your own backup program.'

What exactly does this mean?

Thank you,

JM