Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 2009 21:16:58 +0000
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Finding Dependencies

--On Tuesday, March 17, 2009 15:55:30 -0500 Jerry <gesbbb@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:16:19 +0000
> Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> man (1) pkg_info
>>
>> -r what the package depends on
>> -R what depends on the package
>
> It does not list any package that depends on it. I have no idea why it
> is being installed.

Well, it's not magic.  Ports only get installed by one of two ways; you
deliberately install them or they get installed as dependencies.  If you didn't
deliberately install a port, then it must be a dependency of something.  If it
doesn't list any, then it's possible your pkgdb is inaccurate.  Run % pkgdb -F
to correct any incorrect or missing dependencies.

What port is it?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst
Check the headers before clicking on Reply.