Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2011 01:09:25 +0100
From:      Matthias Andree <mandree@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysutils/gpart: deprecated port, anyone interested?

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 08:00:17PM +0100, Rainer Hurling wrote:

> gpart in sysutils/gpart stands for 'guess partitions'. Its an old, but
> very useful tool for repairing partitions. Unfortunately it does not
> work on amd64.

I've added two patches to make it work on amd64, bumped the expiration
date and port revision (to 2), but I'm not sure if it can detect all
relevant partition types yet.  It detects my BSD UFS partitions, but not
my Windows 7 NTFS partitions, and it would probably also need ZFS
detection.

> If someone is willing to update the port: I have an original tarball
> 'gpart-0.1h.tar.gz'. It would need a new home ;-)

Is that tarball different from what's on sunsite and currently fetched
by the port?

Best regards
Matthias