Date:      Tue, 03 Apr 2007 20:44:54 +0000
From:      "V.I.Victor" <idmc_vivr@intgdev.com>
To:        "Derek Ragona" <derek@computinginnovations.com>, "V.I.Victor"  <idmc_vivr@intgdev.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help! Mail to 'localhost' not staying local  CORRECTION

>My guess is that DNS was propagated and now athome.net is in the maps of=

>the DNS server you query.

Probably.  But (from orig post):

   Domain Name: ATHOME.NET
   Updated Date: 02-apr-2007
   Creation Date: 30-nov-1999
   Expiration Date: 30-nov-2015

whois shows an update yesterday and creation 8-years ago.

Presumably, something happened based on the update...

>Just change your /etc/hosts file, you can use a domain suffix that does =
not
>exist for instance.

Yes -- that works.  I'd changed .net to .nzt and localhost works again.

I've spent the last couple hours trying to get sendmail to not do a DNS f=
or specified-local addresses.  Lots of google-info, but none that directl=
y works.  Much to be assimilated -- I'm pretty sure there's a sendmail so=
lution too.