Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:34:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      kwoody@abalone.citytel.net
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ftp question...

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Doug White wrote:

> > I have been experimenting with ftp and user dirs. I have it setup now so
> > that a user ftp into their own space but how is it possible to keep them
> > in their own dir only?
>
> install wu-ftpd and read up on the guestgroup directive.

It is installed and thats what I'm using, and I have guestgroup set in
ftpaccess.

The test user gets dropped into their home dir with ftp now but how to
keep them there. They can only back out one dir to the root of the ftp
file system that is setup. In this case /u1. I'll take another gander at
the docs though.

thanks!
Keith