Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 15:00:10 -0800
From:      "Darryl Mondrow" <darryl@blarg.net>
To:        "FreeBSD-stable" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, "FreeBSD-hardware" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Support for the Ultra33 EIDE controller  (plain text format)

I'm trying to install v2.2.8 on an Intel PC. My boot disk is a SCSI HD, and
the hardware probe finds it, but cannot find my IDE disk which is connected
to a Promise Ultra 33 controller. The probe says it cannot find wd0 or wd1.

Is this controller supported at this time? How can I get it recognized, or
is there another workaround? I want to install to the IDE disk.

Please mail me directly, since I am not on these distribution lists.

Thanks for the help.

Darryl Mondrow