Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2017 08:43:29 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        Jeffrey Bouquet <jbtakk@iherebuywisely.com>
Cc:        current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how to SVN regenerate [ man awk ]

--U4KZ8/+9P0BiZZNI

On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 07:00:13AM -0800, Jeffrey Bouquet wrote:
> For $giggles$ I svn up /usr/src/usr.bin/awk  or wherever, then
> man awk displays not the newer import per a recent SVN but
> the older 2015 [ it says ] one.  Stale file, or not all parts of
> the man page updated to include latest revision dat, or some
> other command to [g]unzip or whatever, besides 320.whatis
> in periodic--weekly, update the compressed latest installed
> files from /usr/obj to what one expects when one has just
> recompiled the  man page?

If you intend to use "svn up", you should probably review, and
follow the instructions in, /usr/src/UPDATING.

> This crops up quite a lot on this machine, so I am unschooled in
> some principle of updating this operating system. =20
>=20
> If it matters, I receive a=20
>=20
> WARNING manpath environment variable set
>=20
> when starting an additional
> xterm & ...=20

You may have code in your login shell's initialization file that sets
MANPATH....

Peace,
david
--=20
How could one possibly "respect" a misogynist, racist, bullying con-man??!?

--U4KZ8/+9P0BiZZNI

--U4KZ8/+9P0BiZZNI--