Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:35:03 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        vova@fbsd.ru
Cc:        bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth mouse

Vladimir,

>>>Good news, is there any estimations or like ?
>>
>>no. life with 8 months old son can not be predicted easily :) (come to
>>think about it life in general can not be predicted easily :)
>
> I know, frankly speaking I just want to be sure that there is some
> activity in this direction, I, probably, will get any comments trying to
> get it works myself. It is a bit challenging to buy unsupported hardware
> but interesting anyway.

i'm working on this, but very very slowly :)

[...]

> I have another question about vkbd.
>
> Is it really requires userland connector ?
> Probably it is not a bad idea to have kernel hook for vkbd also ?
>
> I mean to make syscons ability to use in-kernel mixer of keyboard
> events.
>
> So after that one can connect to that mixer some keyboards (usb, at, bt)

this was beaten to death on cvs-src, src-committers and cvs-all. please
look for the huge discussion followed by my vkbd commit

Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/vkbd vkbd.c vkbd_var.h src/sys/modules/vkbd
Makefile

> Frankly speaking I afraid case when with syscons pointing to vkbd DDB
> will be called, and what happens ?

when people learn to read man pages? :) that is what they are for! :)
vkbd(4) is just a way to feed key events into the kernel. key events
have to be obtained somehow. in case of bluetooth all key codes passed
through the rest of the stack. obviously bluetooth stack does not work
when you are at ddb prompt.

> Another option is to use special binding for DDB keyboard, but I did not
> like it.

i do not understand why this keeps poping up :( if it is required to
support wireless keyboards under ddb then support must be impemented on
lower lever, i.e. in bios.

max