Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 1996 11:00:38 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Charles Green <green@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UNIX Sound SystemTM (USS) Lite (Formerly VoxWare)

> 	To be honest if we boycot the distribution, I doubt he'll loose
> to much sleep. So who gets punished?

I'm sorry if the strength of my reaction suggested that this is simply
a "punishment" maneuver.  It's not important to me that he lose sleep
over anything, and as Sujal has pointed out it's probably not even his
decision - he's working for a commercial org now and they're calling
the shots.  It's simply a fact that these new restrictions make our
goals and his incompatible now, and we therefore need to go our
separate ways.

Considering the fact that we don't even know whether USS truly has
anything to offer us which can't be gotten with the previous
generation of the code (which our developers will also have complete
freedom to improve), I think that an impassioned defense is also
somewhat premature.

						Jordan