Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:58:37 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Nikolas Britton" <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>, "FreeBSD Stable List" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        scottl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GIANT in arcmsr(4)

At 07:13 AM 30/07/2006, Nikolas Britton wrote:
>On 7/29/06, Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Anyone know why the giant is in arcmsr(4) or how to kill him?
>>

>I did some work on the arcmsr(4) driver:
>http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=101045

Is not the driver from the Areca site just plugin compatible ?  I
havent updated my Areca boxes in a bit, but I recall just dropping
the source code in place of what was there and recompiling.  I was
also told by Areca to make sure I had the latest firmware at the time
too.  I asked the Areca people what their plans were for the driver
on the website and they said they submitted the driver to be merged
into the tree, but either didnt email the right people, or no one had
time to do the merge/import.  Perhaps Scott Long knows ?

         ---Mike