Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:56:22 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netgraph questions

Brooks Davis wrote:

> I'm looking at a project at work using netgraph which will need nodes for
> tunnels like those for ethernet devices.  I'll definatly need to do tun
> devices and possiably gif devices as well.  First, is this a reasonable
> thing to attempt?  I'm pretty sure it is, but if it's not I've got the
> opportunity to bail at this stage.  Second, is ng_ether and if_ether the
> place to look for an example or is there somewhere else that would be
> good?
>
> Thanks,
> Brooks

in -current there is the eiface node that makes a virtual
ethernet interface.

it is available elsewhere for 4.x but not yet checked in. it is not built by
default in -current but IS checked in.
Is that what you want?

> --
> Any statement of the form "X is the one, true Y" is FALSE.
> PGP fingerprint 655D 519C 26A7 82E7 2529  9BF0 5D8E 8BE9 F238 1AD4

      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org
    (   OZ    ) World tour 2000-2001